Date:   Mon, 23 Oct 2017 02:47:22 +0000
From:   Chris Mi <chrism@...lanox.com>
To:     Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>,
        Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>
CC:     Linux Kernel Network Developers <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Lucas Bates <lucasb@...atatu.com>,
        Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: RE: [patch net v2 1/4] net/sched: Change tc_action refcnt and bindcnt
 to atomic

It seems it is not easy to discard call_rcu().  I'm afraid even if we have a final solution
without call_rcu(), it is not mature at the beginning as well. I mean we also need time
to fix the possible bugs of the new design. And maybe to destroy the filters in parallel
is the right direction. If this bug is the last bug brought by call_rcu(), then changing it
may not be a good idea.

Patch 1 is straightforward to use atomic. Patch 2 is to convert the list to array.
I think there is no harm to the new design.  Patch 3 and 4 are useful test case.
We also need it with new design to make sure there is no regression.

So I think my patch set should not be held so long time.

My two cents.