Date:   Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:09:20 -0700
From:   Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>
To:     Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne@...b.com>,
        "Allan, Bruce W" <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>
Cc:     Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>,
        "davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        "nhorman@...hat.com" <nhorman@...hat.com>,
        "sassmann@...hat.com" <sassmann@...hat.com>,
        "jogreene@...hat.com" <jogreene@...hat.com>,
        Kate Stewart <kstewart@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: [net-next] intel: add SPDX identifiers to all the Intel drivers

On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 16:46 -0700, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
> Allan,
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 1:48 PM, Allan, Bruce W <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>
> wrote:

I am fine with changing my patch back to v2.6 SPDX ids, as long as Joe's
script in the future won't touch the Intel wired LAN drivers, since we need
to retain copyright on several files through out our drivers.

> What matters most here is consistency: having some v2.6 and some v3.0
> SPDX ids at once is not a happy thing IMHO.

I understand that having a mix of v2.6 and v3.0 SPDX at once is not a happy
thing.

> [1]
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/D
> ocumentation/process/license-rules.rst
> [2] https://github.com/spdx/license-list-data/tree/v2.6

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)