Date:   Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:21:47 +0300
From:   Ran Shalit <ranshalit@...il.com>
To:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: marvell switch

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch> wrote:
>> > Hi Ran
>> >
>> > The Marvell driver makes each port act like a normal Linux network
>> > interface. So if you want to enable a port, do
>> >
>> > ip link set lan0 up
>> >
>> > Want to add an ip address to a port
>> >
>> > ip addr add 10.42.42.42/24 dev lan0

I would please like to ask one more about it, if I may.
I thought I understood it all, but seems not.
The switch ports are connected to other PCs (except for one port which
is connected to cpu).
What is therefore the purpose of adding ip address to such ports (the
ip is configured externally in PC).

Thank you for the time,
ranran