Date:   Thu, 12 Apr 2018 12:54:32 -0400
From:   Jeff Barnhill <0xeffeff@...il.com>
To:     David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: v6/sit tunnels and VRFs

Hi David,

In the slides referenced, you recommend adding an "unreachable
default" route to the end of each VRF route table.  In my testing (for
v4) this results in a change to fib lookup failures such that instead
of ENETUNREACH being returned, EHOSTUNREACH is returned since the fib
finds the unreachable route, versus failing to find a route
altogether.

Have the implications of this been considered?  I don't see a
clean/easy way to achieve the old behavior without affecting non-VRF
routing (eg. remove the unreachable route and delete the non-VRF
rules).  I'm guessing that programmatically, it may not make much
difference, ie. lookup fails, but for debugging or to a user looking
at it, the difference matters.  Do you (or anyone else) have any
thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Jeff