Date:   Thu, 3 May 2018 10:25:09 +0300
From:   Ran Shalit <ranshalit@...il.com>
To:     Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Cc:     Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: DSA switch

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us> wrote:
> Thu, May 03, 2018 at 08:50:52AM CEST, ranshalit@...il.com wrote:

>>> Yes. Just bridge all ports/interfaces together and put your host IP
>>> address on the bridge.
>>>
>>>         Andrew
>>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I get error on trying to add bridge.
>>I am trying to =understand which configuration is missing probably in my kernel,
>> I ran strace, but not sure , does it point to any missing configuration ?
>>
>>root@...14x-evm:~# ip link add br0 type bridge
>
> Is the bridge module enabled in the kernel config?
Yes, I've also added all configuration listed in
https://www.thelinuxfaq.com/355-rtnetlink-answers-operation-not-supported-on-centos
(we old kernel 2.6.37, which support TI's chip)

>>RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

I've managed doing it with brctl instead and it seems to work fine.
ifconfig lan0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig lan1 0.0.0.0
ifconfig lan2 0.0.0.0
ifconfig lan3 0.0.0.0
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 lan0
brctl addif br0 lan1
brctl addif br0 lan2
brctl addif br0 lan3
ifconfig br0 150.42.40.222

Yet, brctl command seems to take  time (about a second till it
returns), and we have a requirement for fast boot,
So, I wander why " ip link add br0 type bridge" command gave those errors.
I also notice in the strace I've pasted here the following:
open("/usr/lib//ip/link_bridge.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
There is really no such file in my filesystem /usr/lib//ip/link_bridge.so.
Why is it missing ?

Thank you,
ranran