Date:   Wed, 9 May 2018 15:29:13 -0600
From:   David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>
To:     Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        borkmann@...earbox.net, ast@...nel.org
Cc:     davem@...emloft.net, shm@...ulusnetworks.com,
        roopa@...ulusnetworks.com, brouer@...hat.com, toke@...e.dk,
        john.fastabend@...il.com
Subject: Re: [bpf-next v2 8/9] bpf: Provide helper to do forwarding lookups in
 kernel FIB table

On 5/9/18 2:44 PM, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
> Generally, no objection. However, could we get rid of the two extra includes altogether
> to avoid running into any such dependency issue? Right now the only includes we have in
> the bpf uapi header is linux/types.h and linux/bpf_common.h (latter has no extra deps
> by itself). Both the ETH_ALEN and struct in6_addr are in uapi and therefore never allowed
> to change so we can e.g. avoid to use ETH_ALEN and just have the value instead. In the
> other places of the header we use __u32 remote_ipv6[4], __u32 src_ip6[4] etc to denote
> a v6 address, we could do the same here and should be all good then.

I was able to drop the include of linux/in6.h and still use in6_addr. I
would prefer to keep in6_addr since it works and avoid the need to add
typecasts.

As for ETH_ALEN, I could redefine it but it just kicks the can down the
road. If if_ether.h is included after bpf.h, it will cause redefinition
warnings.