Date:   Wed, 01 Aug 2018 18:40:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:   David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:     jakub.kicinski@...ronome.com
Cc:     saeedm@...lanox.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org, jiri@...lanox.com,
        alexander.duyck@...il.com, helgaas@...nel.org
Subject: Re: [pull request][net-next 00/10] Mellanox, mlx5 and devlink
 updates 2018-07-31

From: Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@...ronome.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 17:00:47 -0700

> On Wed,  1 Aug 2018 14:52:45 -0700, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
>> - According to the discussion outcome, we are keeping the congestion control
>>   setting as mlx5 device specific for the current HW generation.
>
> I still see queuing and marking based on queue level.  You want to add
> a Qdisc that will mirror your HW's behaviour to offload, if you really
> believe this is not a subset of RED, why not...  But devlink params?

I totally agree, devlink seems like absolutely to wrong level and set
of interfaces to be doing this stuff.

I will not pull these changes in and I probably should have not
accepted the DCB changes from the other day and they were sneakily
leading up to this crap.

Sorry, please follow Jakub's lead as I think his approach makes much
more technical sense than using devlink for this.

Thanks.