Date:   Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:39:52 -0700
From:   Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@...ronome.com>
To:     Alexei Starovoitov <alexei.starovoitov@...il.com>
Cc:     Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <arnaldo.melo@...il.com>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        Thomas Richter <tmricht@...ux.ibm.com>,
        Hendrik Brueckner <brueckner@...ux.ibm.com>,
        Jiri Olsa <jolsa@...nel.org>,
        Namhyung Kim <namhyung@...nel.org>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC/fix] Re: libbpf build broken on musl libc (Alpine Linux)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:52:59 -0700, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> LGPL-2.1 in the above?

Could we possibly make it dual licensed LGPL + BSD?

> The rest looks good to me.
> Should we take it via bpf-next tree?
> If you feel there is an urgency to fix musl build, we can take it via
> bpf tree too.
>
> Jakub, thoughts? you've been messing with strerror last..

Sorry for the mess, I didn't know libc compat is such a pain.

I kind of knowingly ignored the existing str_error_r(), as it didn't
seem excessively clean.  Yet, two months later I have no better
ideas..  We could as well switch back to the XSI version, which we used
before I needed access to reallocarray() (I mean change the str_error()
to be a plain XSI wrapper).

Perhaps placing the new helper in libbpf_errno.c file would make
sense?  The only reason for this separate file to exist is in fact to
make use of XSI-compliant strerror_r().

Also, I need to go relicense tools/include/tools/libc_compat.h ASAP
too :S