Date:   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:53:20 -0700
From:   Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>
To:     Roman Mashak <mrv@...atatu.com>
Cc:     Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>,
        Linux Kernel Network Developers <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Some suggestions for tc-tests

Hi,

I tried to run tc-tests with some old iproute2 package, it is painful.
I'd suggest the following improvements:

1. Create veth pair devices by its own. The most important thing for
tc-tests is to automate everything, it is not friendly for users to
create their own veth pair named v0p0 to just run the tests. tc-tests
should be able to create a veth pair with random names and clean up
them once it is finished.

2. Test iproute2 version or capability. Apparently my iproute2 doesn't
support tc filter chain yet, this makes many tests failed. Ideally,
each test should be able to check if the iproute2 supports the thing
it wants to test, if not just skip it, at least by default.

3. Is there anything in the tests that can be done only with Python3?
If we could lower the requirement to Python2, then it would be easier
to setup and run these tests.

Thanks!