Date:   Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:45:50 -0400
From:   Josh Coombs <jcoombs@...ff.gwi.net>
To:     sd@...asysnail.net
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bug in MACSec - stops passing traffic after approx 5TB

I've got wpa_supplicant working with macsec on Fedora, my test bed has
shuffled 16 billion packets so far without interruption.  I am a bit
concerned that I've just pushed the resource exhaustion issue down the
road though, looking at the output of ip macsec show I see four SAs
for TX and RX, it appears to negotiate a new pair every 3 to 3.5
billion packets.  It doesn't appear to be ripping down old SAs.  What
happens when available SA slots run out?

Joshua Coombs
GWI

office 207-494-2140
www.gwi.net