Date:   Tue, 15 Jan 2019 04:39:10 +0100
From:   Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
To:     "shenjian (K)" <shenjian15@...wei.com>
Cc:     Wang Dongsheng <dongsheng.wang@...-semitech.com>,
        Andrew Lunn <andrew@lun>, David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        "Zhuangyuzeng (Yisen)" <yisen.zhuang@...wei.com>,
        Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@...wei.com>,
        "lipeng (Y)" <lipeng321@...wei.com>,
        Yunsheng Lin <linyunsheng@...wei.com>,
        Dengweiwei <dengweiwei@...wei.com>
Subject: Re: Question about default m88e1510 LED configuration of marvell phy

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:07:17AM +0800, shenjian (K) wrote:
> Hi, all
> 	We encounted a problem when using the marvel 88e151x phy driver, the
> link(LED[0])/ack(LED[1]) leds worked abnormally since we updated our kernel to v4.19.
> The act led kept on and never blink.  It works well when we use genphy driver, aslo
> works well when use marvell phy in kernel v4.18.
>
> 	I found that the default led configuration had been changed to 0x1177
> by commit commit 077772468ec1(net: phy: marvell: change default m88e1510 LED configuration).

It is a difficult job deciding what the driver should configure. I
would actually prefer to keeps with the reset default, which would be
0x101e according to the datasheet.

If you are using device tree, you have the option of poking values
into registers, using marvell,reg-init. There are a few examples you
can copy. Doing that guarantees you have the configuration you want.

    Andrew