Date:   Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:47:44 +0000
From:   Jose Abreu <jose.abreu@...opsys.com>
To:     Simon Huelck <simonmail@....de>,
        Jose Abreu <jose.abreu@...opsys.com>,
        Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@...glemail.com>
CC:     Emiliano Ingrassia <ingrassia@...genesys.com>,
        <Gpeppe.cavallaro@...com>, <alexandre.torgue@...com>,
        <linux-amlogic@...ts.infradead.org>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: stmmac / meson8b-dwmac

Hi Simon,

On 2/18/2019 6:05 PM, Simon Huelck wrote:
> disabling EEE doesnt help ( did it via the entry in the .dtb / .dts ),
> the results are the same. I can confirm the LPI counters are zero or one
> only after the test.....

It's interesting to see that you have a lot of RX packets but few
RX interrupts. This can either be due to mis-configuration of
interrupt flags or RX Watchdog.

1. For interrupt flags you should be using LEVEL triggered IRQ.
2. For RX Watchdog you can try disabling it by adding the
following in your platform wrapper driver (which will be
"dwmac-meson8b.c", at probe):
	"plat_data->force_sf_dma_mode = 1;" and
	"plat_data->riwt_off = 1;"

Thanks,