Date:   Fri, 22 Feb 2019 22:51:09 +0530
From:   Anand Moon <linux.amoon@...il.com>
To:     Simon Huelck <simonmail@....de>
Cc:     Jerome Brunet <jbrunet@...libre.com>,
        Jose Abreu <jose.abreu@...opsys.com>,
        Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@...glemail.com>,
        linux-amlogic@...ts.infradead.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        Alexandre TORGUE <alexandre.torgue@...com>,
        Emiliano Ingrassia <ingrassia@...genesys.com>,
        Gpeppe.cavallaro@...com
Subject: Re: stmmac / meson8b-dwmac

Hi All,

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 01:05, Simon Huelck <simonmail@....de> wrote:

> Am 21.02.2019 um 18:46 schrieb Jerome Brunet:
> > On Thu, 2019-02-21 at 18:27 +0100, Simon Huelck wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> this was changed recently, with a patch for the EEE stuff , see here:
> >>
> >> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v5.0-rc7&id=e35e26b26e955c53e61c154ba26b9bb15da6b858
> > Hu, I was not aware this finally went through. Good !
> > As explained in the patch and by Jose, the GMAC should be using IRQ_LEVEL.
> >
> > The realtek PHY has EEE enabled by default. Having this enabled generates a
> > lot of (Low Power) Interrupts.
> >
> > Previously, when the GMAC used IRQ_EDGE. Because it is wrong, we would
> > eventually miss an IRQ and the interface would just die. Unfortunately, it was
> > not that easy find out.
> >
> > 2 years ago, we just noticed that disabling EEE would make the failure go
> > away. Forcing this EEE feature off through DT was merely a work around.
> >
> > Now that the real cause of the problem is known, there is no reason to keep
> > this hack around.
> >
> > Whether EEE adds a performance penality and why, is another topic.
> > As Jose pointed out, you can disable EEE at runtime, using ethtool.
> >
> > Jerome
> >
> Hi,
>

> i disabled EEE via ethtool and via the .dtb , but the performance
> penalty stays. Kernel 4.14 still gives me the former "good" performance.
>

> regards,
>
> Simon

Sorry this is off the topic.

I am using Archlinux on Odroid C1+ and the latest kernel loads with no issue.
only issue is I have is the each time their is random MAC address so I
get new IP from dhcp server.
How can I avoid this. I have tried to enable eFuse driver but with no success.

On Odroid C2 I dont have any issue, it always retained the unique MAC address.

Best Regards
-Anand