Date:   Sat, 25 May 2019 20:26:39 -0400
From:   bepvte@...il.com
To:     hujunwei4@...wei.com
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Having TIPC compiled in causes strange networking failures

Hi! I build my own kernel, and I set TIPC as enabled long ago thinking
it was something many applications depend on. After I upgraded to 5.1.5,
I noticed lots of errors in my systemd log and that Firefox couldnt
start any of its subprocesses:

NET: Registered protocol family 30
Failed to register TIPC socket type

rtkit-daemon.service: Failed to set up network namespacing: File exists

The "Failed to register" message was repeated many many times. Many
other strange problems occured until I set TIPC to compile as a module
instead. I believe this is a bug related to one of the recent TIPC
commits.

If you need any other debugging info or have somewhere else I should