Date:   Sun, 8 Sep 2019 10:13:16 +0200
From:   Daniel Schaffrath <daniel.schaffrath@....com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Load-balancing considering queue lengths

Hello everybody,

when load balancing packets/bytes among several links it seems to be a
natural choice to rely the decisions about the outgoing device on the
current queue lengths of the available devices. Looking at typical
netfilter configurations or nftlb this does not seem to be a common
choice, though.

Considering the abilities of eBPF and netfilter I think it would be
totally possible. But I might be mistaken in either regard (good idea /
technical possibility).

I would be very grateful, if you could provide me with any pointers that
I could educate myself on that matter.

Thanks a lot in advance, Daniel