lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:22:07 -0700
From:   Dmitry Torokhov <>
To:     Linus Walleij <>
Cc:     Andy Shevchenko <>,
        Mika Westerberg <>,
        "" <>,
        "open list:GPIO SUBSYSTEM" <>,
        Andrew Lunn <>,
        Andrzej Hajda <>,
        Bartosz Golaszewski <>,
        Daniel Vetter <>,
        David Airlie <>,
        "David S. Miller" <>,
        Florian Fainelli <>,
        Heiner Kallweit <>,
        Jernej Skrabec <>,
        Jonas Karlman <>,
        Laurent Pinchart <>,
        Neil Armstrong <>,
        Russell King <>,
        "open list:DRM PANEL DRIVERS" <>,
        ACPI Devel Maling List <>,
        netdev <>
Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/11] Add support for software nodes to gpiolib

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:55:47AM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:52 AM Dmitry Torokhov
> <> wrote:
> > If we agree in principle, I would like to have the very first 3 patches
> > in an immutable branch off maybe -rc8 so that it can be pulled into
> > individual subsystems so that patches switching various drivers to
> > fwnode_gpiod_get_index() could be applied.
> I think it seems a bit enthusiastic to have non-GPIO subsystems
> pick up these changes this close to the merge window so my plan
> is to merge patches 1.2.3 (1 already merged) and then you could
> massage the other subsystems in v5.4-rc1.
> But if other subsystems say "hey we want do fix this in like 3 days"
> then I'm game for an immutable branch as well.

No, if it is still has a chance for -rc1 then I'm good. I was thinking
if it does not go into -rc1 I could convince some of them merge a
targeted immutable branch off -rc8 or 5.3 final and then apply patches
relevant to their subsystems so we do not have to wait till 5.6 to land



Powered by blists - more mailing lists