Date:   Tue, 17 Sep 2019 07:28:07 +0000
From:   "Bartschies, Thomas" <Thomas.Bartschies@....de>
To:     'David Ahern' <dsahern@...il.com>,
        "'netdev@...r.kernel.org'" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: AW: big ICMP requests get disrupted on IPSec tunnel activation

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion. Running pmtu.sh with kernel versions 4.19, 4.20 and even 5.2.13 made no difference. All tests were successful every time.

Although my external ping tests still failing with the newer kernels. I've ran the script after triggering my problem, to make sure all possible side effects
happening.

Please keep in mind, that even when the ICMP requests stalling, other connections still going through. Like e.g. ssh or tracepath. I would expect that
all connection types would be affected if this is a MTU problem. Am I wrong?

Any suggestions for more tests to isolate the cause?

Best regards,
--
Thomas Bartschies
CVK IT Systeme