Date:   Tue, 19 Nov 2019 04:36:27 +0000
From:   Parav Pandit <parav@...lanox.com>
To:     Jason Wang <jasowang@...hat.com>,
        Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
        "davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        "gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
CC:     Dave Ertman <david.m.ertman@...el.com>,
        "linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org" <linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org>,
        "nhorman@...hat.com" <nhorman@...hat.com>,
        "sassmann@...hat.com" <sassmann@...hat.com>,
        "jgg@...pe.ca" <jgg@...pe.ca>, Kiran Patil <kiran.patil@...el.com>,
        "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@...hat.com>,
        Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@...hat.com>,
        "Bie, Tiwei" <tiwei.bie@...el.com>
Subject: RE: [net-next v2 1/1] virtual-bus: Implementation of Virtual Bus

Hi Jason Wang,

The purpose of the bus is to attach two drivers, mlx5_core (creator of netdevices) and mlx5_ib (create of rdma devices) on single PCI function.
Meaning 'multiple classes of devices' are created on top of single underlying parent device.

So bus is just the 'matching service' and nothing more. It is not meant to address virtio, mdev, sub functions usecases.