Date:   Fri, 22 Nov 2019 16:23:51 -0800
From:   Ben Greear <greearb@...delatech.com>
To:     David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>, netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: VRF and/or cgroups problem on Fedora-30, 5.2.21+ kernel

On 11/22/19 4:17 PM, David Ahern wrote:
> On 11/22/19 5:14 PM, Ben Greear wrote:

>>> check 'ulimit -l'. BPF is used to set the VRF and it requires locked
>>> memory.
>>
>> It is set to '64'.  What is a good value to use?
>>

> This is a pain point in using BPF for this. It's really use case
> dependent. 128kB, 256kB.

Setting:  ulimit -l 1024

'fixed' the problem.

I'd rather waste a bit of memory and not have any of my users hit such an esoteric
bug, so I'll set it to at least 1024 going forward.

Would large numbers of vrf and/or network devices mean you need more locked memory?

And surely 'ip' could output a better error than just 'permission denied' for
this error case?  Or even something that would show up in dmesg to give a clue?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@...delatech.com>