Date:   Wed, 8 Jan 2020 11:14:38 -0800
From:   Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@...el.com>
To:     Alex Vesker <valex@...lanox.com>
Cc:     davem@...emloft.net, Jiri Pirko <jiri@...lanox.com>,
        linuxarm@...wei.com, linyunsheng@...wei.com,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org, Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Subject: Re: FW: [question] About triggering a region snapshot through the
 devlink cmd

On 1/8/2020 4:15 AM, Alex Vesker wrote:
> I am a biased here but, devlink trigger can be useful... I am not aware
> of other alternatives,
> devlink health has it`s benefits but it is not devlink region. If you
> will decide to implement I can
> review the design, if Jiri is ok with the idea.

Sure. I am not quite sure how long it will be till patches are on the
list, as I'm currently in the process of implementing devlink support
for one of the Intel drivers, and would be using that driver as an example.

Actually, come to think of it, I may just implement the region trigger
and use netdevsim as the example. That should enable those patches to
hit the list sooner than the patches for implementing devlink for the
ice driver.

I will Cc you for review when I send those patches.

Thanks,
Jake