Date:   Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:04:20 +0300
From:   Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@...dex.ru>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: What's the offload name for iscsi_tcp_recv_skb()?

I seek to improve IOPS for some usecase. I found a bunch of time being spent in
iscsi_tcp_recv_skb()¹. The function accepts `offloaded` argument, which basically
allows to skip much of the function.

The only place in the kernel where this parameter is used is Chelsio driver². But
we use Mellanox adapters, not Chelsio ones.

So my question is: what is the name of the `offload` capability in `ethtool -k`
output that allows to offload the function? It would be great if it turns out
that we have a hw with such capability, and all we need is to simply wire up
another driver to use that.

I searched all over Chelsio driver, but haven't managed to find what that
property should be called in `ethtool -k`.

P.S.: the references below are supposed to be URL links to the code, but the ML
refuses to accept links "under a suspicion of a spam", so, well, sorry for bad
usability here.

1: commit c0cc271173b2e1c2d8d0ceaef14e4dfa79eefc0d, dir: drivers/scsi/libiscsi_tcp.c:885
2: commit c0cc271173b2e1c2d8d0ceaef14e4dfa79eefc0d, dir: drivers/scsi/cxgbi/libcxgbi.c:1550