Date:   Sat, 18 Apr 2020 23:53:57 -0500
From:   Steve French <smfrench@...il.com>
To:     Florian Weimer <fweimer@...hat.com>
Cc:     David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
        linux-nfs <linux-nfs@...r.kernel.org>,
        CIFS <linux-cifs@...r.kernel.org>, linux-afs@...ts.infradead.org,
        ceph-devel@...r.kernel.org, keyrings@...r.kernel.org,
        Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: What's a good default TTL for DNS keys in the kernel

commit 28eb24ff75c5ac130eb326b3b4d0dcecfc0f427d
Author: Paulo Alcantara <paulo@...lo.ac>
Date:   Tue Nov 20 15:16:36 2018 -0200

    cifs: Always resolve hostname before reconnecting

    In case a hostname resolves to a different IP address (e.g. long
    running mounts), make sure to resolve it every time prior to calling
    generic_ip_connect() in reconnect.

(Note that this patch may have some minor dependencies on a few other
DFS related patches that were merged immediately before it.
08744015492f cifs: Add support for failover in cifs_reconnect_tcon()
a3a53b760379 cifs: Add support for failover in smb2_reconnect()
23324407143d cifs: Only free DFS target list if we actually got one
e511d31753e3 cifs: start DFS cache refresher in cifs_mount()
93d5cb517db3 cifs: Add support for failover in cifs_reconnect()
4a367dc04435 cifs: Add support for failover in cifs_mount()
1c780228e9d4 cifs: Make use of DFS cache to get new DFS referrals

--
Thanks,

Steve