Date:   Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:14:39 +0300
From:   Vlad Buslov <vlad@...lov.dev>
To:     Po Liu <po.liu@....com>
Cc:     Vlad Buslov <vlad@...lov.dev>,
        "pablo\@netfilter.org" <pablo@...filter.org>,
        "moshe\@mellanox.com" <moshe@...lanox.com>,
        "m-karicheri2\@ti.com" <m-karicheri2@...com>,
        "andre.guedes\@linux.intel.com" <andre.guedes@...ux.intel.com>,
        "stephen\@networkplumber.org" <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [v3,net-next  1/4] net: qos: introduce a gate control flow action

On Thu 23 Apr 2020 at 12:15, Po Liu <po.liu@....com> wrote:
> Hi Vlad Buslov,

>> {
>> gate_action,

> I think I added entry_lock was that I can't get the tc_action common parameter in this  timer function. If I insist to use the tcf_lock, I have to move the hrtimer to struct tcf_gate which has tc_action common.
> What do you think?

Well, if you use tcf_lock instead of rcu to sync with fastpath, the you
don't need to implement struct gate_action as standalone object pointed
to by rcu pointer from base structure that includes tc_action common.
All the necessary data can be included in tcf_gate structure directly
and used from both timer and action fastpath. See pedit for example of
action that doesn't use rcu for fastpath.