Date:   Mon, 18 May 2020 06:22:53 -0600
From:   Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>
To:     Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Cc:     Al Viro <viro@...IV.linux.org.uk>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Networking <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Stephen Kitt <steve@....org>, Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the jc_docs tree with the vfs and
 net-next trees

On Mon, 18 May 2020 12:30:13 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the jc_docs tree got a conflict in:
>
>   kernel/sysctl.c
>
> between commit:
>
>   f461d2dcd511 ("sysctl: avoid forward declarations")
>
> from the vfs tree and commit:
>
>   2f4c33063ad7 ("docs: sysctl/kernel: document ngroups_max")
>
> from the jc_docs tree.

Hmm...that's somewhat messy.  I somehow managed to miss the change to
kernel/sysctl.c that doesn't have much to do with documentation.  Stephen
(Kitt): I've reverted that change for now.  Could I ask you to resubmit it
as two different patches?  I'll happily take the actual docs change; the
sysctl change can be sent to the VFS tree on top of the changes there.

In general we really don't want to mix unrelated changes like this.

Thanks,

jon