Date:   Fri, 19 Jun 2020 12:51:00 -0700
From:   Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>
To:     Zefan Li <lizefan@...wei.com>
Cc:     Roman Gushchin <guro@...com>,
        Linux Kernel Network Developers <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Cameron Berkenpas <cam@...-zeon.de>,
        Peter Geis <pgwipeout@...il.com>,
        Lu Fengqi <lufq.fnst@...fujitsu.com>,
        Daniƫl Sonck <dsonck92@...il.com>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch net] cgroup: fix cgroup_sk_alloc() for sk_clone_lock()

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:40 PM Zefan Li <lizefan@...wei.com> wrote:

> On 2020/6/19 5:09, Cong Wang wrote:

> >> I agree, ut seems that the issue is not related to bpf and probably
> >> can be reproduced without CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF. d979a39d7242e06 indeed
> >> seems closer to the origin.
> >
> > Yeah, I will update the Fixes tag and send V2.
> >

> Commit d979a39d7242e06 looks innocent to me. With this commit when cgroup_sk_alloc
> is disabled and then a socket is cloned the cgroup refcnt will not be incremented,
> but this is fine, because when the socket is to be freed:
>
>  sk_prot_free()
>    cgroup_sk_free()
>      cgroup_put(sock_cgroup_ptr(skcd)) == cgroup_put(&cgrp_dfl_root.cgrp)
>
> cgroup_put() does nothing for the default root cgroup, so nothing bad will happen.

But skcd->val can be a pointer to a non-root cgroup:

static inline struct cgroup *sock_cgroup_ptr(struct sock_cgroup_data *skcd)
{
#if defined(CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_PRIO) || defined(CONFIG_CGROUP_NET_CLASSID)
        unsigned long v;

        /*
         * @skcd->val is 64bit but the following is safe on 32bit too as we
         * just need the lower ulong to be written and read atomically.
         */
        v = READ_ONCE(skcd->val);

        if (v & 1)
                return &cgrp_dfl_root.cgrp;

        return (struct cgroup *)(unsigned long)v ?: &cgrp_dfl_root.cgrp;
#else
        return (struct cgroup *)(unsigned long)skcd->val;
#endif
}