Date:   Fri, 14 Aug 2020 12:41:13 +0000
From:   David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>
To:     David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>,
        "linux-sctp@...r.kernel.org" <linux-sctp@...r.kernel.org>
CC:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: num_ostreams and max_instreams negotiation

> At some point the negotiation of the number of SCTP streams
> seems to have got broken.
> I've definitely tested it in the past (probably 10 years ago!)
> but on a 5.8.0 kernel getsockopt(SCTP_INFO) seems to be
> returning the 'num_ostreams' set by setsockopt(SCTP_INIT)
> rather than the smaller of that value and that configured
> at the other end of the connection.
>
> I'll do a bit of digging.

I can't find the code that processes the init_ack.
But when sctp_procss_int() saves the smaller value
in asoc->c.sinint_max_ostreams.

But afe899962ee079 (if I've typed it right) changed
the values SCTP_INFO reported.
Apparantly adding 'sctp reconfig' had changed things.

So I suspect this has all been broken for over 3 years.

	David

Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)