Date:   Wed, 19 Aug 2020 12:08:21 -0400
From:   Murali Karicheri <m-karicheri2@...com>
To:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Grygorii Strashko <grygorii.strashko@...com>
Subject: VLAN over HSR/PRP - Issue with rx_handler not called for VLAN hw
 acceleration

All,

I am working to add VLAN interface creation over HSR/PRP interface.
It works fine after I fixed the HSR driver to allow creation of
VLAN over it and with VLAN without hw acceleration. But with hw
acceleration, the HSR hook is bypassed in net/core/dev.c as

	if (skb_vlan_tag_present(skb)) {
		if (pt_prev) {
			ret = deliver_skb(skb, pt_prev, orig_dev);
			pt_prev = NULL;
		}
		if (vlan_do_receive(&skb))
			goto another_round;
		else if (unlikely(!skb))
			goto out;
	}

	rx_handler = rcu_dereference(skb->dev->rx_handler);
	if (rx_handler) {
		if (pt_prev) {
			ret = deliver_skb(skb, pt_prev, orig_dev);
			pt_prev = NULL;
		}
		switch (rx_handler(&skb)) {
		case RX_HANDLER_CONSUMED:
			ret = NET_RX_SUCCESS;
			goto out;
		case RX_HANDLER_ANOTHER:
			goto another_round;
		case RX_HANDLER_EXACT:
			deliver_exact = true;
		case RX_HANDLER_PASS:
			break;
		default:
			BUG();
		}
	}

What is the best way to address this issue? With VLAN hw acceleration,
skb_vlan_tag_present(skb) is true and rx_handler() is not called.

Thanks

--
Murali Karicheri
Texas Instruments