Date:   Sat, 29 Aug 2020 15:07:27 +0530
From:   "S.V.R.Anand" <anandsvr@...c.ac.in>
To:     Willem de Bruijn <willemdebruijn.kernel@...il.com>
Cc:     Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
        Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: packet deadline and process scheduling

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. If my understanding is correct, I think
it solves part of the problem by dequeueing packets with deadline in a
timely manner using bpf and FQ scheduler combination. Let me know if my
understanding is correct. Once the packets are dequeued, how about
scheduling of the receiver application process running in the user space in
a timely manner before the packet deadline ? By doing this, we are
ensuring timely delivery of the data to the receiver application.

Anand