Date:   Tue, 1 Sep 2020 15:22:31 -0500
From:   Alex Elder <elder@...aro.org>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc:     Networking <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: COMPILE_TEST

Jakub, you suggested/requested that the Qualcomm IPA driver get
built when the COMPILE_TEST config option is enabled.  I started
working on this a few months ago but didn't finish, and picked
it up again today.  I'd really like to get this done soon.

The QCOM_IPA config option depends on and selects other things,
and those other things depend on and select still more config
options.  I've worked through some of these, but now question
whether this is even the right approach.  Should I try to ensure
all the code the IPA driver depends on and selects *also* gets
built when COMPILE_TEST is enabled?  Or should I try to minimize
the impact on other code by making IPA config dependencies and
selections also depend on the value of COMPILE_TEST?

Is there anything you know of that describes best practice for
enabling a config option when COMPILE_TEST is enabled?

Thanks.

					-Alex