Date:   Sat, 17 Oct 2020 20:04:53 +0200
From:   Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
To:     Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@...nel.org>
Cc:     Ilias Apalodimas <ilias.apalodimas@...aro.org>,
        "open list:BPF JIT for MIPS (32-BIT AND 64-BIT)"
        <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, Willy Liu <willy.liu@...ltek.com>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        Sasha Levin <sashal@...nel.org>,
        Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
        Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@...il.com>,
        Masahisa Kojima <masahisa.kojima@...aro.org>
Subject: Re: realtek PHY commit bbc4d71d63549 causes regression

> I have tried this, and it seems to fix the issue. I will send out a
> patch against the netsec driver.

Please also fix the firmware so it does not pass rgmii.

If there are pure DT systems, which do require phy-mode to be used, we
will need to revert your proposed change in order to make the MAC
driver work as it should, rather than work around the broken firmware.

	Andrew