Date:   Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:37:20 -0700
From:   David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc:     Andrea Mayer <andrea.mayer@...roma2.it>,
        David Ahern <dsahern@...nel.org>,
        Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@....inr.ac.ru>,
        Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>,
        Shuah Khan <shuah@...nel.org>,
        Shrijeet Mukherjee <shrijeet@...il.com>,
        Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...nel.org>,
        Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
        Andrii Nakryiko <andrii@...nel.org>,
        Martin KaFai Lau <kafai@...com>,
        Song Liu <songliubraving@...com>, Yonghong Song <yhs@...com>,
        John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>,
        KP Singh <kpsingh@...omium.org>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-kselftest@...r.kernel.org,
        Nathan Chancellor <natechancellor@...il.com>,
        Stefano Salsano <stefano.salsano@...roma2.it>,
        Paolo Lungaroni <paolo.lungaroni@...t.it>,
        Ahmed Abdelsalam <ahabdels.dev@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [net-next v3 0/8] seg6: add support for SRv6 End.DT4/DT6 behavior

On 11/25/20 9:47 AM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 21:37:18 -0700 David Ahern wrote:
>> On 11/24/20 6:58 PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
>>> But it's generally not a huge issue for applying the patch. I just like
>>> to see the build bot result, to make sure we're not adding W=1 C=1
>>> warnings.
>>
>> ah, the build bot part is new. got it.
>
> BTW I was wondering for the longest time how to structure things so
> that build bot can also build iproute2 in case we want to run tests
> attached to the series and the tests depend on iproute2 changes...
>
> But let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Why not cross it now? You handled the switch over to new a patchworks
with a build bot, so we can take advantage of automation.

Seems like the bot needs to detect 'net', 'net-next', 'bpf' and
'bpf-next' as they are all different trees for the kernel patches.
iproute2 is just another tree, so it should be able to put those in a
different bucket for automated builds - even if it means a 'set' crosses
trees.