Date:   Sat, 6 Mar 2021 23:33:57 +0800
From:   Jax Jiang <jax.jiang.007@...il.com>
To:     michael.jamet@...el.com, mika.westerberg@...ux.intel.com,
        YehezkelShB@...il.com
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [BUG] Thunderbolt network package forward speed problem.

Hi!
Authors of Linux thunderbolt-network driver:

Problem:

Thunderbolt network <- Software Router(NUC 11) <- 10G NIC   Speed is normal=
 about 9-10Gbps
Thunderbolt network -> Software Router(NUC 11) -> 10G NIC   Speed is super =
slow about 1Mbps-100Kbps

Thunderbolt network <- Software Router(NUC 11) <- 2.5G NIC(I225-V)   Speed =
is normal about 2.3-2.4Gbps
Thunderbolt network -> Software Router(NUC 11) -> 10G NIC   Speed is super =
slow about 1Mbps-100Kbps

I have already tested:
MAC<-> Thunderbolt network <-> Software Router(NUC11)     17Gpbs on both tw=
o direction.

Hardware: Intel NUC11 I5
CPU: Intel TigerLake 1135G7 4Core 8Thread
OS:  OpenWRT 19.07
Linux Kernel Version: 5.10.20
Already Tested Software that have problem: iperf3 smb
Network Layout:

 PC(With 2.5G NIC)

           ^

[macbook pro] <-----thunderbolt 3------------> Software
Router<---------------> NAS(With 10G NIC)
                           thunderbolt network         (NUC11 With 10G NIC)

I met problem like this in some network switch which does not support flow =
control.
So I guess maybe thunderbolt-network driver miss flow control support.

I am try to build a software router with using latest NUC hardware. Use thu=
nderbolt network to trans 10G NIC card or 2.5G NIC to latest having thunder=
bolt port laptop or devices. Latest intel mobile chip had internal thunderb=
olt controller, which is cheaper than previous devices. I think it=1B$B!G=
=1B(Bs a chance to bring high speed network to general consumer.
I am a coder but not familiar with Linux kernel source code.
At same time I am a want to build a cool product geek.
Any help would be great  ;-)

Thanks

A want to build a geek products geek.
Jax