Date:   Tue, 25 May 2021 17:56:09 +0200
From:   Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@...lic-files.de>
To:     Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
CC:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Crosscompiling iproute2

Am 24. Mai 2021 23:36:20 MESZ schrieb Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>:
>On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:06:02 +0200
>Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@...lic-files.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 17. Mai 2021 21:36:28 MESZ schrieb Stephen Hemminger
><stephen@...workplumber.org>:
>> >On Mon, 17 May 2021 09:44:21 +0200
>> >This works for me:
>> >
>> >make CC="$CC" LD="$LD" HOSTCC=gcc
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently have an issue i guess from install. After compile i install
>into local directory,pack it and unpack on target system
>(/usr/local/sbin).tried
>>
>> https://github.com/frank-w/iproute2/blob/main/crosscompile.sh#L17
>

>> Basic ip commands work,but if i try e.g. this
>>
>> ip link add name lanbr0 type bridge vlan_filtering 1
>vlan_default_pvid 500
>>
>> I get this:
>>
>> Garbage instead of arguments "vlan_filtering ...". Try "ip link
>help".
>>
>> I guess ip tries to call bridge binary from wrong path (tried
>$PRFX/usr/local/bin).
>>
>> regards Frank
>
>No ip command does not call bridge.
>
>More likely either your kernel is out of date with the ip command (ie
>new ip command is asking for
>something kernel doesn't understand);
I use 5.13-rc2 and can use the same command with debians ip command

>or the iplink_bridge.c was not
>compiled as part of your compile;
>or simple PATH issue
>or your system is not handling dlopen(NULL) correctly.

Which lib does ip load when using the vlanfiltering option?

>What happens is that the "type" field in ip link triggers the code
>to use dlopen as form of introspection (see get_link_kind)

I can use the command without vlan_filtering option (including type bridge).

Maybe missing libnml while compile can cause this? had disabled in config.mk and was not reset by make clean,manual delete causes build error,see my last mail

You can crosscompile only with CC,LD and HOSTCC set?

regards Frank