Date:   Tue, 25 May 2021 20:18:39 +0200
From:   Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@...lic-files.de>
To:     Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Aw: Re: Crosscompiling iproute2

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Mai 2021 um 18:08 Uhr
> Von: "Stephen Hemminger" <stephen@...workplumber.org>
> An: "Frank Wunderlich" <frank-w@...lic-files.de>
> Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org
> Betreff: Re: Crosscompiling iproute2
>
> On Tue, 25 May 2021 17:56:09 +0200
> Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@...lic-files.de> wrote:
>
> > Am 24. Mai 2021 23:36:20 MESZ schrieb Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>:

> > >into local directory,pack it and unpack on target system
> > >(/usr/local/sbin).tried

> > >vlan_default_pvid 500

> > >help".

> > >$PRFX/usr/local/bin).

> > >No ip command does not call bridge.
> > >
> > >More likely either your kernel is out of date with the ip command (ie
> > >new ip command is asking for
> > >something kernel doesn't understand);
> > I use 5.13-rc2 and can use the same command with debians ip command
> >
> > >or the iplink_bridge.c was not
> > >compiled as part of your compile;
> > >or simple PATH issue
> > >or your system is not handling dlopen(NULL) correctly.
> >
> > Which lib does ip load when using the vlanfiltering option?
> It is doing dlopen of itself, no other library
>

> > >What happens is that the "type" field in ip link triggers the code
> > >to use dlopen as form of introspection (see get_link_kind)

this seems to be the problem:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/lib/ip/link_bridge.so", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "Garbage instead of arguments \"vl"..., 71Garbage instead of arguments "vlan_filtering ...". Try "ip link help".

i have no /usr/lib/ip directory, my package contains only lib-folder for tc (with dist files only because i use static linking). also there is no *.so in my building-directory

how should this built?

> > I can use the command without vlan_filtering option (including type bridge).
> >
> > Maybe missing libnml while compile can cause this? had disabled in config.mk and was not reset by make clean,manual delete causes build error,see my last mail
> >
> > You can crosscompile only with CC,LD and HOSTCC set?
>
> libmnl is needed to get the error handling and a few other features.

so not needed for compilation, right? on target-system i have it

/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu:
        libmnl.so.0 -> libmnl.so.0.2.0

regards Frank