Date:   Thu, 24 Jun 2021 02:19:49 +0000
From:   Joakim Zhang <qiangqing.zhang@....com>
To:     Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
        Lukasz Majewski <lukma@...x.de>, Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
CC:     "David S . Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        "Madalin Bucur (OSS)" <madalin.bucur@....nxp.com>,
        Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@...rochip.com>,
        Vladimir Oltean <olteanv@...il.com>,
        Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
        Mark Einon <mark.einon@...il.com>,
        dl-linux-imx <linux-imx@....com>,
Subject: RE: [RFC 1/3] ARM: dts: imx28: Add description for L2 switch on XEA
 board

Hi Lukasz, Florian, Andrew,

> > Maybe somebody from NXP can provide input to this discussion - for
> > example to sched some light on FEC driver (near) future.
>
> Seems like some folks at NXP are focusing on the STMMAC controller these
> days (dwmac from Synopsys), so maybe they have given up on having their own
> Ethernet MAC for lower end products.

I am very happy to take participate into this topic, but now I have no experience to DSA and i.MX28 MAC,
so I may need some time to increase these knowledge, limited insight could be put to now.

Florian, Andrew could comment more and I also can learn from it :-), they are all very experienced expert.

We also want to maintain FEC driver since many SoCs implemented this IP, and as I know we would also
use it for future SoCs.

Best Regards,
Joakim Zhang