Date:   Sun, 8 Aug 2021 00:35:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Timothy Pearson <tpearson@...torengineering.com>
To:     netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Very slow macsec transfers on OpenPOWER hardware

Quick update:

1.) Disabling encryption actually relieves the load on the softirq handler entirely, but the throughput remains abysmal with extremely high load in the gf128mul_lle function.

2.) Bizarrely, unloading the vmx_crypto (POWER accelerated crypto) module *tripled* the throughput, although 400MB/s is still a long way away from the Gbps range we should be in.