Date:   Fri, 7 Jan 2022 09:54:57 -0800
From:   Shoaib Rao <rao.shoaib@...cle.com>
To:     Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@...il.com>,
        "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>
        Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        Sudip Mukherjee <sudip.mukherjee@...ethink.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Observation of a memory leak with commit 314001f0bf92 ("af_unix:
 Add OOB support")

Hi Lukas,

I took a look at the patch and I fail to see how prepare_creds() could
be impacted by the patch. The only reference to a cred in the patch is
via maybe_add_creds().

prepare_creds() is called to make a copy of the current creds which will
be later modified. If there is any leak it would be in the caller not
releasing the memory. The patch does not do anything with creds.

If there is any more information that can help identify the issue, I
will be happy to look into it.

Note that a lot of bugs are timing related, so while it might seem that
a change is causing the problem, it may not be the cause, it may just be
changing the environment for the bug to show up.

Shoaib