Date:   Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:31:58 -0500
From:   Alexander Aring <alex.aring@...il.com>
To:     Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org>,
        Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@...tlin.com>
Cc:     Stefan Schmidt <stefan@...enfreihafen.org>,
        linux-wpan - ML <linux-wpan@...r.kernel.org>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        "open list:NETWORKING [GENERAL]" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org Wireless"
        <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
        David Girault <david.girault@...vo.com>,
        Romuald Despres <romuald.despres@...vo.com>,
        Frederic Blain <frederic.blain@...vo.com>,
        Nicolas Schodet <nico@...fr.eu.org>,
        Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...tlin.com>
Subject: Re: [wpan-next 0/4] ieee802154: General preparation to scan support

Hi Kalle and Miquel,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 at 08:10, Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org> wrote:

> Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@...tlin.com> writes:
>
> > These few patches are preparation patches and light cleanups before the
> > introduction of scan support.
> >
> > David Girault (4):
> >   net: ieee802154: Move IEEE 802.15.4 Kconfig main entry
> >   net: mac802154: Include the softMAC stack inside the IEEE 802.15.4
> >     menu
> >   net: ieee802154: Move the address structure earlier
> >   net: ieee802154: Add a kernel doc header to the ieee802154_addr
> >     structure
> >
> >  include/net/cfg802154.h | 28 +++++++++++++++++++---------
> >  net/Kconfig             |  3 +--
> >  net/ieee802154/Kconfig  |  1 +
>
> Is there a reason why you cc linux-wireless? It looks like there's a
> separate linux-wpan list now and people who are interested about wpan
> can join that list, right?

I thought it would make sense to cc wireless as they have similar
paradigms constructs (probably due the fact both are IEEE standards?).
As well we took some ideas from wireless as base. Moreover we were
talking about things which wireless already solved.
I was hoping to get some feedback if somebody knows the right do's and
don'ts of managing a wireless subsystem and I am pretty sure some
802.11 developers have more knowledge about it than some 802.15.4
developers (including myself).

I apologise for this. Please Miquel drop wireless for your future patch-series.

Miquel please slow down the amount of patches. First sending the
fixes, then new features in small series one by one. And with one by
one I mean after they are applied.

- Alex