Date:   Thu, 3 Feb 2022 18:37:18 +0000
From:   David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>
To:     'Dan Williams' <dcbw@...hat.com>,
CC:     David Ahern <dsahern@...nel.org>
Subject: RE: Getting the IPv6 'prefix_len' for DHCP6 assigned addresses.

From: Dan Williams
> Sent: 03 February 2022 14:52

Today it was working.
Not sure what was going on last time I tried.

But I do have to look very hard to find the IPv6 routes.
Running:
   ip route show table all
does give them, but nothing else seems to.

The busybox netstat doesn't grok -6.
But I've the full version of 'ip' to get namespace support.

Talking of namespaces, is it possible to mount the namespace
version of /proc/sys/net somewhere in the filesystem?
I've got programs that really want to open nodes in the
'init' namespace and a named one.

I can use:
	ip netns exec namespace program 3</proc/sys/net and
then use openat(3, "path") to get items in the 'init' namespace.
But it is a bit horrid.

	David

Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)