Date:   Wed, 11 May 2022 09:20:03 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Michael Ellerman <mpe@...erman.id.au>
Cc:     "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@...hat.com>,
        Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@...uxfoundation.org>,
        KVM list <kvm@...r.kernel.org>,
        virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org,
        Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        mie@...l.co.jp
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] virtio: last minute fixup

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 3:12 AM Michael Ellerman <mpe@...erman.id.au> wrote:

> Which I read as you endorsing Link: tags :)

I absolutely adore "Link:" tags. They've been great.

But they've been great for links that are *usedful*.

They are wonderful when they link to the original problem.

They are *really* wonderful when they link to some long discussion
about how to solve the problem.

They are completely useless when they link to "this is the patch
submission of the SAME DAMN PATCH THAT THE COMMIT IS".

See the difference?

The two first links add actual new information.

That last link adds absolutely nothing. It's a link to the same email
that was just applied.

                   Linus