Date:   Thu, 26 May 2022 11:47:18 +0800
From:   "D. Wythe" <alibuda@...ux.alibaba.com>
To:     Alexandra Winter <wintera@...ux.ibm.com>,
        Tony Lu <tonylu@...ux.alibaba.com>
Cc:     kgraul@...ux.ibm.com, kuba@...nel.org, davem@...emloft.net,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-s390@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC net-next] net/smc:introduce 1RTT to SMC

在 2022/5/25 下午9:42, Alexandra Winter 写道:

> Thank you D. Wythe for your proposals, the prototype and measurements.
> They sound quite promising to us.
>  > We need to carefully evaluate them and make sure everything is compatible
> with the existing implementations of SMC-D and SMC-R v1 and v2. In the
> typical s390 environment ROCE LAG is propably not good enough, as the card
> is still a single point of failure. So your ideas need to be compatible
> with link redundancy. We also need to consider that the extension of the
> protocol does not block other desirable extensions.
>
> Your prototype is very helpful for the understanding. Before submitting any
> code patches to net-next, we should agree on the details of the protocol
> extension. Maybe you could formulate your proposal in plain text, so we can
> discuss it here?

I am very pleased to hear that your team have interest in this
proposals, and thanks a lot for your advise. We really appreciate your
point of view about compatibility, In fact, we are working on some
written drafts which compatibility is quite a important part, and will
be shared here soon.

> We also need to inform you that several public holidays are upcoming in the
> next weeks and several of our team will be out for summer vacation, so please
> allow for longer response times.

Thanks for your informing, that's totaly okay to us. May your holidays
be full of warmth and cheer.

> Kind regards
> Alexandra Winter

D. Wyther