Date:   Tue, 28 Jun 2022 12:41:35 +0530
From:   Sachin Sant <sachinp@...ux.ibm.com>
To:     Kuniyuki Iwashima <kuniyu@...zon.com>
Cc:     davem@...emloft.net, linux-next@...r.kernel.org,
        linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [powerpc] Fingerprint systemd service fails to start
 (next-20220624)

>> I have attached dmesg log for reference. Let me know if any additional
>> Information is required.
>
> * Could you provide
> * dmesg and /var/log/messages on a successful case? (without the commit)
> * Unit file
> * repro steps

I have attached the relevant log files. The attached tarball contains
dmesg, /var/log/messages and strace o/p for fprintd service collected
for working case and failure case.

> * Is it reproducible after login? (e.g. systemctl restart)
> * If so, please provide
> * the result of strace -t -ff

Yes, the problem can be recreated after login. I have collected the strace
logs.

> * Does it happen on only powerpc? How about x86 or arm64?

I have attempted this only on powerpc. Don’t have access to arm or x86
setup to attempt it.

Thank you for quick response.

- Sachin

Download attachment "fprintd-issue.tar" of type "application/x-tar" (399361 bytes)