Date:   Sat, 27 Aug 2022 02:45:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:   Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@...ent.de>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: inter-qdisc communication?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022, Jakub Kicinski wrote:

> How do you add latency on ingress? 🤔
> The ingress qdisc is just a stub to hook classifiers/actions.

Oh, damn. Then, I guess, I’ll have to do that on egress on
the other interface, which makes it at least symmetric for
passing traffic but catch not the set of traffic it should.
Especially not the traffic terminating locally. Meh.

The question remains the same, just the use case magically
mutated under me.

(Maybe if there were documentation like an intro to qdisc
writing like I asked for already, I’d have known that.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/