Date:   Mon, 19 Sep 2022 16:47:13 +0200
From:   Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens <lynxis@...0.eu>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Handle phys changing the interface between 2500basex & SGMII

Hi,

I've a mediatek mt7622 SoC connected to a realtek 2.5gbit copper phy
(rtl8221) via SGMII/2500basex.

The rtl8221 is changing its phy interface depending on the link.
So 2500basex for 2.5gbit copper and for all lower speeds (down to
10mbit) it's using SGMII.

What's the best way to implement it?
Should the phy driver change the phy_interface on link up?

As a hack I've modified mac_link_up to handle the different speeds
and changed the phylink_mac_ops validate to allow advertising lower
speeds on 2500basex.

Best,
lynxis