Date:   Wed, 5 Oct 2022 17:36:44 -0700
From:   Joe Damato <jdamato@...tly.com>
To:     intel-wired-lan@...ts.osuosl.org
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org, kuba@...nel.org, davem@...emloft.net,
        anthony.l.nguyen@...el.com, jesse.brandeburg@...el.com,
        maciej.fijalkowski@...el.com
Subject: Re: [next-queue v2 3/4] i40e: Record number of RXes cleaned during
 NAPI

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 02:21:52PM -0700, Joe Damato wrote:
> Adjust i40e_clean_rx_irq and i40e_clean_rx_irq_zc to accept an out
> parameter which records the number of RX packets cleaned.

I just realized that this change probably also needs to include an
"rx_clean_complete" as was added in the previous patch for the TX case so
that when the tracepoint is hit it will be more clear which of the two (RX or
TX) triggered clean_complete = false.

I think the tracepoint should have separate bool flags for each of these
cases (but neither will be used to modify control flow as Jesse asked
earlier).

I'll leave that fix for the v3, in addition to addressing any other feedback on
the rest of the changes.