Date:   Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:17:17 +0800
From:   Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@...il.com>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Need Help] tls selftest failed

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 08:13:09AM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:09:48 +0800 Hangbin Liu wrote:
> > Hi Jakub,
> >
> > The RedHat CKI got failures when run the net/tls selftest on net-next 6.1.0-rc4
> > and mainline 6.1.0-rc5 kernel. Here is an example failure[1] with mainline
> > 6.1.0-rc5 kernel[2]. The config link is here[3]. Would you please help
> > check if there is issue with the test? Please tell me if you can't
> > access the URLs, then I will attach the config file.
>
> Hm, looks like a config problem. CRYPTO_SM4 is not enabled in the
> config, even tho it's listed in tools/testing/selftests/net/config.
> Maybe it's not the right symbol to list in the test, or there is
> a dependency we missed?

>From the build log[1], the CKI will read selftests/net/config and reset
CONFIGs if it is not defined or need redefined. e.g.

```
Value of CONFIG_MPLS_IPTUNNEL is redefined by fragment
./tools/testing/selftests/net/config:
Previous value: CONFIG_MPLS_IPTUNNEL=y
New value: CONFIG_MPLS_IPTUNNEL=m

Value of CONFIG_NET_SCH_INGRESS is redefined by fragment
./tools/testing/selftests/net/config:
Previous value: CONFIG_NET_SCH_INGRESS=y
New value: CONFIG_NET_SCH_INGRESS=m

Value of CONFIG_NET_CLS_FLOWER is redefined by fragment
./tools/testing/selftests/net/config:
Previous value: CONFIG_NET_CLS_FLOWER=y
New value: CONFIG_NET_CLS_FLOWER=m
```

And in the config file[2], all the CONFIGs in selftests/net/config are
set correctly except CONFIG_CRYPTO_SM4. I saw in the config file it shows

# CONFIG_CRYPTO_SM4_GENERIC is not set

Is there any dependence for CONFIG_CRYPTO_SM4?

[1] https://s3.amazonaws.com/arr-cki-prod-trusted-artifacts/trusted-artifacts/698017956/build%20x86_64%20debug/3340789060/artifacts/build.log
[2]
https://s3.amazonaws.com/arr-cki-prod-trusted-artifacts/trusted-artifacts/698017956/build%20x86_64%20debug/3340789060/artifacts/kernel-mainline.kernel.org-redhat_698017956_x86_64_debug.config

Thanks