Date:   Sun, 30 Apr 2023 07:08:21 -0700
From:   Ron Eggler <ron.eggler@...tywest.com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Unable to TX data on VSC8531

Hi,

I've posted here previously about the bring up of two network interfaces
on an embedded platform that is using two the Microsemi VSC8531 PHYs.
Kallweit & Andrew Lunn).
I'm able to seemingly fully access & operate the network interfaces
through ifconfig (and the ip commands) and I set the ip address to match
my /24 network. However, while it looks like I can receive & see traffic
on the line with tcpdump, it appears like none of my frames can go out
in TX direction and hence entries in my arp table mostly remain
incomplete (and if there actually happens to be a complete entry,
sending anything to it doesn't seem to work and the TX counters in
ifconfig stay at 0. How can I further troubleshoot this? I have set the
phy-mode to rgmii-id in the device tree and have experimented with all
the TX_CLK delay register settings in the PHY but have failed to make
any progress.

Thank you,
Ron