Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 16:20:49 +0200
From: "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)"
 <regressions@...mhuis.info>
To: Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@...cle.com>,
 Leon Romanovsky <leon@...nel.org>, Eli Cohen <elic@...dia.com>
Cc: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@...dia.com>,
 linux-rdma <linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org>,
 "open list:NETWORKING [GENERAL]" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
 Linux kernel regressions list <regressions@...ts.linux.dev>
Subject: Re: system hang on start-up (mlx5?)

[CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]

On 16.05.23 21:23, Chuck Lever III wrote:
>> On May 4, 2023, at 3:02 PM, Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@...cle.com> wrote:
>>> We are trying to reproduce this issue internally.
>> More information. I captured the serial console during boot.
>> Here are the last messages:
>[…]
> Following up.
>
> Jason shamed me into replacing a working CX-3Pro in one of
> my lab systems with a CX-5 VPI, and the same problem occurs.
> Removing the CX-5 from the system alleviates the problem.
>
> Supermicro SYS-6028R-T/X10DRi, v6.4-rc2

I wondered what happened to this, as this looks stalled. Or was progress
to fix this regression made I just missed it?

I noticed the patch "net/mlx5: Fix irq affinity management" (
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230523054242.21596-15-saeed@kernel.org/
) refers to the culprit of this regression. Is that supposed to fix this
issue and just lacks proper tags to indicate that?

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke