Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 21:59:06 +0200
From: Matthieu Baerts <matthieu.baerts@...sares.net>
To: Pedro Tammela <pctammela@...atatu.com>,
 Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>, Cong Wang <xiyou.wangcong@...il.com>,
 Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Cc: netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, Anders Roxell
 <anders.roxell@...aro.org>, Davide Caratti <dcaratti@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: TC: selftests: current timeout (45s) is too low

Hi Pedro,

On 13/07/2023 19:30, Pedro Tammela wrote:
> On 13/07/2023 10:59, Matthieu Baerts wrote:

(...)

>> We can see that all tests have been executed except one:
>>
>>> # ok 495 6bda - Add tunnel_key action with nofrag option # skipped -
>>> probe command: test skipped.
>>
>> Maybe something else missing?

Do you think this one can be due to a missing kconfig? This command is
failing:

  $TC actions add action tunnel_key help 2>&1 | grep -q nofrag

Or maybe that's normal, e.g. a feature no longer there?

>> Other than that, 6 tests have failed:

(...)

> Cool! So it seems we have some tests that bit rotted...

Who doesn't? :)

>> I can see that at least "CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_PROCFS" kconfig is needed
>> as well for the 373rd test (adding it seems helping: [5]).
>>
>> Not sure about the 5 others, I don't know what these tests are doing, I
>> came here by accident and I don't think I'm the most appropriated person
>> to fix that: do you know if someone can look at the 5 other errors? :)
>
> We can take a look, thank you.

Thank you!

>> I can send patches to fix the timeout + the two missing kconfig if you
>> want.
>
> Yes, please.

Sure, will do!

> Could you also do one final test with the following?
> It will increase the total testing wall time but it's ~time~ we let the
> bull loose.

Just did, it took just over 3 minutes (~3:05), see the log file in [1]
(test job in [2] and build job in [3]).

Not much longer but 15 more tests failing :)
Also, 12 new tests have been skipped:

> Tests using the DEV2 variable must define the name of a physical NIC with the -d option when running tdc.
But I guess that's normal when executing tdc.sh.

Cheers,
Matt

[1]
https://tuxapi.tuxsuite.com/v1/groups/community/projects/matthieu.baerts/tests/2SWzPV0rAEkfm82nptjEpjN1syj/logs?format=html
[2]
https://tuxapi.tuxsuite.com/v1/groups/community/projects/matthieu.baerts/tests/2SWzPV0rAEkfm82nptjEpjN1syj
[3]
https://tuxapi.tuxsuite.com/v1/groups/community/projects/matthieu.baerts/builds/2SWwyRVr1ZCKUNJ7wUqESGnRnjq
--
Tessares | Belgium | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net