Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 09:40:18 +0200
From: Matthieu Baerts <matthieu.baerts@...sares.net>
To: Alexei Starovoitov <alexei.starovoitov@...il.com>,
Cc: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...nel.org>,
 Eric Paris <eparis@...isplace.org>, Mykola Lysenko <mykolal@...com>,
 Shuah Khan <shuah@...nel.org>, bpf <bpf@...r.kernel.org>,
 Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
 MPTCP Upstream <mptcp@...ts.linux.dev>, apparmor@...ts.ubuntu.com,
 LSM List <linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org>, selinux@...r.kernel.org,
 "open list:KERNEL SELFTEST FRAMEWORK" <linux-kselftest@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC bpf-next v7 0/6] bpf: Force to MPTCP

Hi Alexei,

On 02/08/2023 04:23, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 7:19 PM Geliang Tang <geliang.tang@...e.com> wrote:

>>> I still think it's a hack, but its blast radius is nicely contained.
>>> And since I cannot propose any better I'm ok with it.
>>>
>>> Patches 1-2 can be squashed into one.
>>> Just like patches 3-6 as a single patch for selftests.
>>
>> Thanks Alexei. I'll squash patch 1 and patch 2 into one, and squash patch 3
>> and patch 6 into one for selftests. But I prefer to keep patch 4 and patch 5
>> as is, since they were implemented in different times for different purposes.
>> They were merged into MPTCP repo on May 17 for "run MPTCP sched tests in a
>> dedicated ns" [1].
>
> since they were sent to a different tree than don't send them here.
> git will not like that during the merge window.

Thank you for the suggestion but that's OK to have these patches applied
in BPF tree because on MPTCP side, they have been applied in a "devel"
branch which is rebased on top of -net and net-next everyday. In other
words, we don't use it in pull requests and it is fine to apply these
patches in bpf-next or elsewhere.

Cheers,
Matt
--
Tessares | Belgium | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net